Monday, July 6, 2009

RESEARCH!!




Academic research has been an important part of my life for the past eight years. During my bachelors degree, I was awarded an internship at the Naval Medical Research Center, in collaboration with the National Institutes of Health. This was a extraordinary experience in the world of professional research, and I truly enjoyed living in Dupont Circle in Washington DC. During my Masters of Science in Biology degree, I conducted research and also taught human anatomy and physiology/cadaver lab! My masters thesis was entitled, Acoustic Predation in the Cuban treefrog, Osteopilus septentrionalis.


The summer after my first year of medical school, I started conducting research with the Vascular Surgery Department at OHSU. It is my ultimate career goal to become a vascular surgeon. I presented my research last fall at the North Pacific Surgical Associates conference in Seattle. This work is being published nationally later this year. In June, I presented my other research project at the Oregon and Washington Chapters conference of the American College of Surgeons at Lake Chelan, WA. See the above pictures of this conference and Lake Chelan!!

No comments:

Post a Comment